Monday, March 26, 2007

Introduction to my spot

Well, I have opted to start blogging so that I can be cool :) So who am I? I am Richard Wolford, Jr, a PhD student with Capella University studying IT Management and Leadership; however, make no mistake about it, I am a computer deity. I have undergraduate degrees in Computer Science and I may very well pursue a second PhD in the same field. I have nearly 20 years of experience on them. I am a rational, logical, and very critical thinker. I am very open minded, provided there is evidence to support the position offered by someone who isn't a retard. I am married, nearly five years now, with a 19 month old son, cat, two dogs, fish tanks, and other living creatures.

I've started this blog as not only a way to vent frustration, but to provide a place to foster critical thinking skills. There is too much nonsense in the world today with religious fundamentalists, homeopathic medicines, self-proclaimed psychics, ghost hunters, dowsers, and all sorts of woo which just has no place in a civilized, rational world where blind faith is replaced with objective reality. Just because you believe it doesn't make it true; it makes you a believer.

No comments: