Monday, October 1, 2007

Jeebus have fur cheeto

So this week I've decided to put flooring in the attic. Right now there is a single 3/8" OSB at what appears to be 4'x8' in one spot, followed by a couple of smaller boards in another spot. Not quite enough room to store all of the shit that we own; so, I bout 4 sheets of 4'x8' 5/8" OSB at Home Depot from a cashier with enormous jugs. The plan is, of course, to measure and cut the boards to fit the area in the attic. The greater thickness allows me to store heavier items without worrying about the board breaking and the contents spilling into the room below.

So anyway, my wife is actually helping me bring the majority of the boxes and tubs down from the attic so that I have plenty of room to work, and I will say that my back was about to snap. The lower right quadrant (medical right) of my back is hurting like a bitch; sometimes I can't even move, missed a day of work because of it. So I'm was thinking, why the hell would jeebus make the human body so susceptible to damage like this?

Oh, right, he's fictional. Doesn't take a genius to realize that an all loving creator would have made us capable of moving some boxes or digging out some bushes without serious injury. I'm going to have to go to a doctor at some point to find out WTF is wrong, since over a week later, I'm still in extreme pain. I won't be praying to jeebus, he's too busy giving cancer to babies. I'll stick with medicine.

No comments: